Everyone has his/her own porridge recipe, that he/she keeps doing every morning, right? So here's my recipe! It doesn't have anything special, but since many of you keep asking me what it is, here it is on the blog, finally. Hope you'll love it!
surgar free, makes 2 servings
- 1 very riped banana, mashed with a fork
- 1 cup of oat flakes *
- 1 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1-2 TBSP of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (opt.)
- optional: a small handful of frozen fruits, cacao powder, chocolate chips, a few chopped dates or other dried fruits, etc.
* depending of the desired texture, you can either used quick/instant oats (creamier) or rolled oats (thicker). Or, my favorite way, half half!!
- In a smalll saucepan, mix all the ingredients.
- Bring to a low boil and let simmer at low heat until the desired texture, for about 5 minutes or so.
- Serve hot and top with your favorite toppings: non-dairy yogurt, a piece or two of chocolate, fresh or frozen fruits, jam, nuts, seeds, etc.