Looking forward to some 'wow' effect for your Sunday brunch? Why not make some turmeric waffles? They are gonna bright up your plate and your guests' plate like no other thing! And the good thing is you won't even taste the turmeric at all! To make it extra scumptious, top it with a generous scoop of vegan ice cream hihi!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or make half half with whole wheat flour)
- 2 cups non dairy milk
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 2 tsp bakig powder
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Suggested toppings : berry chia compote, fresh and frozen fruits, maple syrup and vegan ice cream (I used vanilla ice cream from Lacrem in my shots!).
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. (non dairy milk, oil, vanilla extract).
- Whisk the mixture by hand until smooth, without over mixing.
- Bake in the waffle iron accordingly to the instructions of it.
- Freeze any baked waffles leftovers and simply pop in the toaster when you'll want to eat them!