When you have so many blackberries you don't know where to put them anymore... After the jams and the smoothies, here's a cheezecake recipe! Next time, I should maybe try them in a pie or a crumble, what do you think?
Blackberry & chocolate cheezecakes
makes 8 mini cheezecakes or one big
For the chocoolae crust
- 1 cup of nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.)
- 1 cup of medjool dates (or any other sort of dates. If too hard, soften by soaking them in freshly boiled water for 20-30 min, then filter)
- 3 tbps of cacao powder
- a pinch of sea salt
For the cheezecake filling
- 1 1/2 cup of raw cashews, soaled at least 2-3 hours
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup of vegan liquid sweetener (maple syrup, agave syrup, rice syrup, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup of blackberries + a few more (if frozen, let thaw first)
- In a food processor, process all the crust ingredients until you get a more or so homogeneous paste that stick together. Divide among the cheezecake molds and set aside in the freezer while you make the cheezecake filling. If you have silicone molds, use them. Otherwise, use a muffin pan but layer it with parchment paper to make it easier to remove the cheezecakes.
- In a high speed blender, blend all the cheezecake filling ingredients, except for the blackberries, until smooth and homogeneous.
- Get the molds out of the freezer and divide half of the filling among them. If you want, you can add here some extra blackberries (whole) in the first half of the filling. Put back in the freezer for at least one hour.
- To the leftover filling in the blender, add the blackberries and blend. Get the molds out of the freezer and pour that second part of the filling.
- If you have any extra filling, set it aside in the fridge a few hours then transfer it in a pastry bag (or a ziploc bag if you don't have any). Get the mini cheezecakes out of the freezer and make swirls with the extra filling. Put back in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, take out the mini cheezecakes from the freezer at least 15 minutes before, so they can reach the perfect creamy texture.
If you ever try my receipe, please let me know!