Any buckwheat lovers here? For most of my life, all I knew about buckwheat was flour and my dad's famous buckwheat "galettes"! Since then, I learned to cook it like rice, roast it for my granola and to soak it for my smoothies and creams!
Today, I propose you my buckwheat cream and an easy buckwheat granola recipe to top it. I hope you'll enjoy this new way to eat that grain but also to increase the protein intake of your breakfasts.
for one big serving size or two medium ones
- 1/2 cup of raw buckwheat groats, soaked overnight (or 15 min in freshly boied water)
- 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of non dairy yogurt (coconut, soy, etc.)
- 2 tbsp of hemp hearts
- 2 tsp of maca powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground vanilla
For the colors (optional)* :
- 1 tsp of butterfly pea powder
Or have fun and add some frozen berries to add some color!
- Strain de buckwheat groats and transfer in your blender.
- Add all the ingredients (excepts those for the colors) and blend until creamy and smooth.
- If you want to add color to your buckwheat cream, split the cream in 2 or 3 equal parts, then add the butterfly pea powder and/or pitaya powder to each of them, while keeping one part plain. You can also simply pour half of the cream in a bowl and add a small handful of frozen berries to your blender and blend! Have fun playing around with colors!
- Alternately oour the different colors in a bowl (or 2) and, with a chopstick or toothpick, make swirls and marble the colors.
* Get 15% off on Rawnice website by using my promo code ODILEJP15 when ready to checkout :)
Easy buckwheat chocolate granola
- 1 cup of raw buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- a pinch of salt
- in a large pan, roast the buckwheat groats on medium heat about 7-8 minutes, until the groats slightly get golden and nutty. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Lower the heat and add the coconut oil and the cacao powder. Mix well so the .buckwheat groats get wel coated.
- Turn off the heat then add the maple syrup and salt. Mix well and transfer in a bowl to cool down. Once cool, serve and/or store in a container.